Thursday, March 5, 2015

Our Journey - A flashback!



We have come to the end of this beautiful journey. We had an amazing farewell from the Messy Bessy team - with the learners dancing on a Bollywood number , singing a Chinese song ,  doing a traditional Filipino dance along with a lots of food served with oodles of love. I was all teary-eyed and emotional and was really touched to see them put in so much effort for us. Krie and all the managers were very warm too and I will never forget this experience. We have tried to capture our journey in the above video.

Today was the closing ceremony at the SAP Manila office and this too was splendid. It was interesting to see the other teams with their clients and we all got a sense of the work the teams did. There was even a media event with local newspapers and TV channels interviewing Darren [ SAP MD, Philippines ], the social entrepreneurs [ Krie from Messy Bessy,Reese from R2R, Jim from SEF and Mark from Hapinoy ] along with Social Sabbatical speakers [ Vince, Priscilla , Kathrin and Yasar]. I felt like I was in one of those out of body experiences where you cannot believe what an incredible time you are having and you have these people in the same room - all saying and feeling similar things. It is truly incredible to witness inter-connectedness and a sense of being and feeling the same in-spite all the differences that diversity can bring.  I sometimes feel that I cannot do justice with words to express all that I am feeling! Maybe I can comprehend it all better when I return to my regular life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment