Thursday, March 12, 2015

Heart and Soul in Manila!



I am physically back in Bangalore  and really happy to see my family. But I feel like I left my heart and soul back in Manila. The nostalgia wave hits me and I can't stop ruminating about all the things I experienced there. Some of the alumni from the Bogota Social Sabbatical had told me of this feeling upon return where you feel like you cannot express your experiences in a way that others who haven't been on the same journey can understand. It's like you underwent such a special journey that mere words can't do it justice and you feel so disconnected back in your normal life.

Here are some of the changes I perceive after being back :


  • The bed in your home is never as soft as the one in the hotel.
  • You have this macro view of the world and always tend to look at the big picture and cannot comprehend the mundane day-to-day complaints.
  • You try to find meaning in every action you do and while I get back to my regular job - I find myself asking " What's the real reason for me to do this? "
  • While I am grateful for the experience and opportunity - it is still a little sad to acknowledge that its truly over. A small voice in my head tells me while you may meet some of the colleagues from SoSa Manila, you will never meet the entire group together.

No comments:

Post a Comment