Thursday, March 5, 2015

Ice skating rink, cats and the walking tree!


This was a busy week - we tried to spend as much time together as a group as well as tried to maximize the time with the client in order to give an end deliverable that is truly meaningful. Before the week started , I spent the Sunday afternoon with the girls - Michelle and Kathrin at the SM mall of Asia. Was a fun weekend - shopping, eating and generally hanging out. Was surprised to see a huge ice skating rink in the middle of the mall!

[ L to R - Clockwise ] Kathrin enjoying eating the Croissant, passion fruit tea at the mall, Band performing @ SM Mall of Asia , Real looking plastic Japanese food , Skating Rink
  
Bambi from Solar Energy Foundation organized a trip to Barbara's in Intramuros for us to experience the Philippine culture. There was good food and the dances were breathtaking. Vince managed to do the traditional Philippine bamboo dance blindfolded. We spent a nice evening pub hopping till late at night when trees on the street  started attacking DJ!That’s when we decided to call it a night and it is one of those evenings that will get talked about a lot by the group in months to come!

DJ and the attacking tree!

I found to my surprise that I have a second cousin ( who I had only met once in my life many many years ago while I was still in school ) who lives just a street away from our hotel in Makati. I visited them on Sunday night and found myself sitting in their living room for a few minutes with a black cat and small white kitten for company. I wouldn't say I love cats and being in the same room alone in a new environment with two of them was quite spooky. To add to the drama, the black one jumps on top of the dining table  and begins chasing the tiny kitten. I sat petrified while watching the cat bite and attack the little kitten. A small part of me wanted to save the kitten, but the fear of them kept me rooted to my corner on the sofa. In 5 minutes my cousin walked in and I was told  the cats were only  "playing" and that the little kitten will survive. I know for sure I am scarred and don't think I can say I am ok with having cats as pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment